People are becoming more and more obsessed about their drinks. Gone are the days when people simply drink coffee, tea, milk, or water; plain and simple. Now, even water comes in a variety of “flavor” and ordering coffee requires extensive coffee-sense since there are numerous preparations for coffee, not to mention “add-ons” like whipped cream and others. Concocting different kinds of beverages have already become a science; in fact new drinks are created numerous times a day they are named after a culture, a country or even the person who invented it.
One such drink that has been invented in recent years is Almond Milk Tea. This drink is one of the many varieties of “bubble tea” or a drink that contains tapioca balls (pearls) for more interesting flavor and texture and serve cold with shaves of ice. It originated in Taiwan in the 1980s but is steadily gaining its own following in the United States and other parts of the globe. The basic ingredients for creating Almond Milk Tea are tea, tapioca balls, and almond milk. If you are interested in creating this drink at home here are the simple steps in making that delicious and inviting Almond Milk Tea:
- Get hold of good tapioca pearls – whether you purchase in Asian stores near your neighborhood or order from reliable source online, it is important to get good quality tapioca, one that is chewy and sweet taste. The tapioca is what set this drink apart from other beverages so it is critical to get the right ones.
- Prepare the tapioca as directed in the packaging – usually tapiocas are boiled until soft and chewy.
- Get 2 bags of either green or black tea and steep the tea bags of choice in 1 cup of very hot water for five to fifteen minutes – if you think that the tea would be very strong when steeped this long, keep in mind that you have to dilute the tea in ice and other ingredients so you need to make sure that the flavor of the tea will not be overpowered.
- Pour the tea in a large glass filled with ice and add about a cup of almond milk and sweetener like honey or syrup – just adjust the sweetener according to your taste
- Add the strained tapioca pearls, add a large straw and enjoy the drink
Creating Almond Milk Tea is not as complicated as other drinks. Once you have the key ingredients preparing is a breeze and if you are more adventurous you can even experiment by adding other flavors or toppings.